Brittany & Jason knew from the beginning they wanted an intimate, meaningful wedding celebration. They planned the perfect weekend for their closest kin at the C Lazy U Ranch in Granby, Colorado, close to where Brittany grew up. This amazing location gave Jason’s East Coast family a real taste for Colorado high country and offered something for everyone. The C Lazy U is not only a working ranch, it also has a spa, pool, and fantastic food and wine. Every little detail of their day was so special and meaningful – from the bride’s gold cowboy boots to the branded wedding keepsakes they made together. On the day of the wedding, Brittany finished getting ready in a adorable glamping tent right below the hilltop venue overlooking the lake. With the fall colors painting the leaves all shades of gold, there were stunning views all around! As part of their ceremony, they asked their family members to shower them with good wishes by tossing dried flowers from their garden. These two were nearly drowned in love!! After the ceremony, the happy Mr. & Mrs. hosted cocktail hour at the glamping tent before heading to dinner with their family in the refined modern farmhouse. I’ve known Jason for years and it was such an honor to capture this special day as he pledged himself to the love of his life. I’m so happy for them to make it official! Congratulations Brittany & Jason, you’re hitched!!
From a mountaintop engagement to their wedding at Black Mountain Lodge, Jenny & Allen’s love of the mountains is a central part of who they are as a couple. So it made perfect sense for all of their wedding details to be mountain-inspired. They chose elegant greens and whites for their floral decor, caught a ride on a chairlift, and included special touches, like naming all their tables for 14ers they’ve climbed together. It didn’t surprise me a bit when this adventurous couple chose to say “I do” outdoors, despite the rain showers on their wedding day! Just like any other day in the mountains, they weren’t afraid to continue, rain or shine. Surrounded by their friends and family, nothing could stop these two from declaring their love for one another. These two are both so kind, sweet, and giving – a perfect match! I can’t wait to see what adventures they go on next. Congratulations, Jenny & Allen!
Bridal Attire Information: Bride: Shop: The Bridal Collection Dress Designer: WToo Della
Groom’s Attire Information: Groom: Jos. A. Banks
Officiant Information: Family friend, Julie Fernie
DJ/Band Information: BTL entertainment, Bret Lomoro
Catering/Liquor/Beer Information: Arapahoe Basin
I was so excited when Robyn asked me to photograph her Maternity and Baby session! Robyn & Chris were both in the bridal parties of Michelle & Allen’s Wedding at A-Basin. I am so thrilled to be able to hang out and photograph more of their amazing crew. We got up super early to get to the trailhead before it got too hot. The weather has not caught up with the whole fall thing yet. Their current fur children, Piper and Cascade, are very excited about the new addition so of course they wanted to be there for the session. They both really wanted photos with their parents before the “human” came. Robyn also really wanted to incorporate the flatirons and I’m so excited to share the results of this maternity session! But first you gotta get to know Chris and Robyn a little better because they are so awesome! Here is their little questionnaire they filled out!
How did you two meet?
Chris and I met in Jackson Hole Wyoming, at the Teton Science Schools’ (a graduate program for environmental education). We lived in log cabins in Grand Teton National Park. We spent a year taking classes together and teaching science to students with Yellowstone and Grand Teton as our backdrop. It is still one of our favorite places.
What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
get outside, host friends over to our house, try new things together, explore new places.
When is your due date?
October 8th, 2017 (one day before our wedding anniversary)
Do y’all have a name picked out?
We have some ideas but nothing permanent yet.
What’s the Robyn’s top two love languages?
Words of Affirmation
What’s the Chris’s top two love languages?
What’s the bride’s favorite color?
What’s the groom’s favorite color?
If y’all could sit down and eat dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would love for Chris to meet my Dad, he passed away in May of 2012. I am very sad they never got to meet. I would love to meet Chris’ maternal grandmother JJ. She passed away when Chris was a teenager. These people were incredibly influential in our lives.
If y’all both got to pick a superpower, what would y’all pick and why?
Chris would be mind reading and mine would be never having to sleep again since I hear there is little of that when a baby arrives.
Maddie & Aaron’s Wedding at Araphoe Basin was such a dream! Maddie even had the coordinates of Black Mountain Lodge placed on a necklace for her wedding day. So adorable!! It’s just the perfect accessory for her amazing dress. The raw silk layer had just the right amount of texture and weight which was so stunning in the high alpine valley wind. With every adventure there’s always unexpected elements. For this adventurous wedding day at the top of the mountain the element of surprise was rain! The weather definitely didn’t have an effect on the spirit of this crew! By the time the ceremony was through, the sun had came out and the weather was stunning for the sweetheart chairlift ride. Maddie & Aaron are just perfect for each other and they were so full of love and giggles. I hope these two will always cherish their wedding day coordinates on which they said “I do!” and celebrate every time they ski those crazy chutes! Please enjoy a few of the images from the day!
Bridal Attire Information: Bride: Shop: A&Be Dress Designer: Cicada Bridal, Bridesmaids: Show Me Your Mumu
Groom’s Attire Information: Groom: Indochino Groomsmen: Jeans, Shirt, Tie: JackThreads, Vest: Woolrich
Makeup & Hair Information: Salon Foushee
Officiant Information: Family friend, Andrew Mattson
Catering/Liquor/Beer Information: Arapahoe Basin
Transportation Information: Fresh Tracks Transportation
The day is here, yay! You are going to be walking down the aisle in just a few hours. Your makeup and hair people are already there getting you and your gals ready. You are surrounded by your people getting ready and you couldn’t be more happy! In order to have a fantastic morning, here are a few lists of things you can do to prepared for the day, so you can just relax and enjoy your family and friends.
Here is a list of things to do before the day of:
- Having a timeline so you know what the schedule is! (Here are some more tips on timelines here.)
- Nails, it’s a great activity to do with all the girls before the wedding day.
- If your writing out your vows, go ahead and to that before!
- Get your ring clean and nice and sparkly!
- Steam your wedding dress and veil.
- Take the price tags off your shoes and jewelry.
- Break in your shoes around the house.
- Matching robes or button up shirts for hanging out in all morning are fantastic for photos!
- Designate who will clean up the getting ready room and when that needs to be done.
- Designate who will have your touch up lip color and extra bobbie pins for photographs.
- Designate who will have your any items you need throughout the day such as shoe options, dresses, keys.
- Go ahead and place tips in envelopes with their names on it. That way you don’t forget anyone and you don’t have to think about it the day of!
- Some tunes for y’all to hang out to!
- Have your overnight bag ready and where it needs to be.
- Gift/Card for your other half!
- Emergency Kit with bridesmaid’s essential items and who will have it close by.
JUST DON’T DO THESE THINGS:
- Spray tan… I know it’s tempting because we feel pale but your natural skin tone is so much more perfect in photographs!
- Get Burnt… we are all enjoying our friends and family but wear sunscreen, everywhere the two weeks before your wedding!
- Get your eyebrows waxed the day before… get that done at least a week before, just in case your skin acts weird.
- Eat weird Food!… you don’t want an upset tummy, so stay with some familiar things starting two days before your day.
A list of things to do on the morning of your wedding:
- Coffee, can’t do anything without starting with some coffee!
- Eating, you need to eat breakfast and lunch!
- Mimosas are encouraged!
- Yoga or Hike (great relaxing activity!)
- Drinking a bunch of water!
Bride List of items to have all collected and ready to be photographed while getting ready:
- Wedding Dress
- Cute Hanger
- Rings (all three are to be with bride so they can be photographed together)
- Bridesmaids Dresses on wooden hangers and their Shoes
- Invitation Suite
- Bridesmaids Gifts
- Letter/Gift From Hubby To Be (Make sure you don’t open it until a photographer is with you!)
Groom List of items to have all collected and ready to be photographed while getting ready:
- Cuff Links
- Groomsmen Gifts
- Letter/Gift From Wife To Be (Make sure you don’t open it until a photographer is with you!)